Friday, 22 February 2013

An End to Winter

Well, not officially for a few days but, I have had anough winter now so as you can see my blog has been updated with a springlike feel. It is a little wishful thinking on a day like today but there are signs.
We have been out enjoying the snowdrops and there are other flowers spring to life here and there too.


Snowdrops always inspire me to complete at least one piece of art and I found some of those cut out rustic hearts online. I decided to draw on the wood in coloured pencil and it was easier than I thought. Now I just want to spray this with some weatherproofing and I shall hang it up in the garden.



Meanwhile, I have been spending a little time in the garden on the days where it has warmed up a little. It is still quiet out there but those little irises are making a bright splash of colour.


Have a lovely weekend everyone.

6 comments:

Sue Clinker said...

Snowing here on the Kent Coast Chrissy with icy East wind from Siberia.
Our spring bulbs are very sensibly holding back at the moment so nothing very pretty in our garden just now (except a lot of hungry birds)

I love that heart decoration.

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

there are little snowdrops in the front, but haven't really seen them anywhere else, but i did notice the daisys start to pop their heads out :)

really great heart decoration :D

CherryPie said...

I love your new spring like look it has brought a smile to my face.

I am enjoying seeing the first signs of spring as a walk about :-)

forgetmenot said...

Chrissy, It sounds like you have accomplished a lot and made some good resolutions. Those "mini" iris are always lovely. And, the heart is precious. A small one would make an interesting necklace. Mickie :)

kaslkaos said...

Me too, me too, I LOVE the heart decoration. We still have snow, here, fresh snow...

Shirley said...

I have not been in blog land in a long time, but i have just spent some time looking back at your amazing artwork. I have always loved looking at your work. keep doing more.