Tuesday, 4 December 2012

Tis the Season....

Already it is December and as usual I am very disorganised! The last month has seen my art take a festive turn and I have been painting and drawing with Christmas in mind. There have been several watercolours which were a mix of actual places with "a lot" of artistic licence.


I have to confess, I do really enjoy this kind of thing. I love to let my imagination go free and Christmas provides free rein to be a little more creative than usual and of course unusually I have had the time.


So Christmas cards have been designed, my Zazzle store has had some serious input and a local magazine featured some of my cards too which was rather nice. Check out page 16, my old card making friends might be surprised that I have actually been doing some of those too ;) http://content.yudu.com/Library/A1zuvk/ShropshireReviewDece/resources/index.htm?referrerUrl=http%3A%2F%2Ffree.yudu.com%2Fitem%2Fdetails%2F648614%2FShropshire-Review-December-2012
I have also been featured as an artist and photographer on paint my photo...perhaps I better mind my p's and q's in this post ;) I have taken part in a challenge in the Coloured pencil facebook group which was using a beautiful photograph by Lori Fairchild. It was the first time I have used coloured pencil in ages.


I have been playing at graphic design in photoshop too for making backgrounds for some of my cards and I don't think you would believe how long that took! However, it has been of benefit because I have been designing a few bespoke ones for friends.


I have been working on some commissions for Christmas which I cannot show as yet but, here is one where I just had a few hours having fun with pastels.


But, am I prepared myself...you must be joking! I haven't written so much as a single Christmas card, no decorations, in fact no preparation cleaning either ;) So, if you are like me......I raise a toast "clink"...tomorrow maybe? haha

5 comments:

Sue Clinker said...

Hi Stranger LOL

Great to see you back on Blogger and love the Christmas cards - particularly the third one. Nice to get mentioned in the local Magazine, hope it brings some orders.

We're heading off to our home on Sunny Fuerteventura on Sunday for a mini-break before Christmas so I really should get the cards written and posted before then ... but that's about it. I'm not a Christmassy person at all.

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

those watercolours are wonderful :) would make great xmas puzzles

the cp coloured glass candle holders really shine, the glass looks real

CherryPie said...

I am not at all prepared either and I am starting to stress a lil ;-)

Lovely artworks as always :-)

forgetmenot said...

Chrissy, I do so love all of these paintings (especially the two boys and the snowman as well as the candles). They are all quite lovely and show off your talent and artistic abilities. Happy New Year--may it be a year filled with joy, peace, and many blessings. Mickie :)

Sharon Whitley said...

WONDERFUL PAINTINGS CHRISSY - HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU!