Saturday, 24 December 2011

Christmas Advent Magic - Day 24

On this night many years ago, I used to read a book to my son. I wished I could recall what it was but all I know was that it was square, red and was based on the poem "The night before Christmas". He loved it when I read it and afterwards we would both go and check out the night sky. Even when everyone told him that Santa wasn't real, I can recall saying "Cal, the world is full of magic...it doesn't really matter what you believe in but, if you don't believe in a little bit of magic, well...then magic never happens!"
We used to look at the night sky full of anticipation. I recall one year we watched a falling star, another year we watched the first snowflakes and then another year we saw some lights in the sky. We shared it and I used to feel just as excited as he did...
So for children everywhere, it is time to go and check on Santa's travels : Norad

For the not so young, I have posted Sinead O'Connor before but this is the most beautiful carol of all time. After all these years, I listen to her singing this and think it is hauntingly beautiful.



Of course, I should by rights do a day 25 too....but, I leave you all to create your own day 25....perhaps, some of you will share? However, I wish you the very best. I hope you have enjoyed some of my favourite, books, films, images and music.....
I shall now take a short blogging break and be back soon with some art maybe, not before time!! Have a wonderful peaceful Christmas and good health to everyone....

3 comments:

CherryPie said...

Beautiful magic:-)

Goodnight and sweet dreams. I look forward to seeing you in the new year.

sue said...

Thanks for sharing your advent posts Chrissy - a really diverse and beautiful collection. I'd never heard this version of Silent Night before.

Hope 2012 will be a good year for you and Andy. Catch up in the New Year :-)

Cathy Holtom said...

Sinead's Silent Night is beautiful, I hadn't heard this version before.
I hope you had a great Christmas...Happy New Year!