Tuesday, 20 December 2011

Christmas Advent Magic - Day 20

I used to love writing Christmas cards and sadly nowadays I find it a bit of a chore. I have to remind myself in this electronic age that emails and texts simply aren't the same and I do love the tradition.
Although some of my crafty friends may think I don't make them any more, I still do make a selection and enjoy doing that, it is the last minute writing and posting that I always get into trouble with. Somehow, I never seem to get them done on time! When I used to make more, I loved vintage images and amassed quite a collection over time. Somehow, I think they have a lovely aura about them. So here is a selection from my vaults.









As someone who loves history, I could easily find myself collecting some of these but I try to refrain! It would just be another addition to the ever growing attic but, they are beautiful and very nostalgic.

2 comments:

forgetmenot said...

Chrissy, They are beautiful and nostalgic--whatelse can be said. Mickie :)

CherryPie said...

I am always to far behind with Christmas and my cards are always last minute being written.

I make my own using my photos and this year it was done at the begining of December but my printer is broken and I had to rely on someone else to print the cards off...

Sot the writing was on Sunday, last minute as usual ;-)