Friday, 17 October 2008

Fridays Fable - Believe

This weeks Friday's fable almost didn't make it. I have had a lot happening this week. However, I was inspired by another blog catalogue user who had writen a poem that I enjoyed the other day. I asked him to write me a fairy poem for you all and he did :D

Believe

What is it about adulthood
That destroys a child’s mind
Open to the possibilities
That there are fairies of every kind

There is a tooth fairy, Christmas fairy
A fairy godmother too
Fairies that live in the garden
Frolicking the entire year through

Because everyone knows a fairy
In fact you know one well
Just think back to your childhood
Her name was Tinkerbelle

So when standing in your garden
Show them you believe
Let them sprinkle you with fairy dust
And a wish you shall receive

So my thanks to James, who I think is very talented, his blog is here: A Life Of Rhyme

Actually, I love this poem and will take bets on the fact that I will be able to recite it by heart before too long. It is that sort of poem *big grins*.
The image I have chosen to go with it is a favourite artist illustrator Arthur Rackham. Oddly enough this one was taken from the book Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens by J. M Barrie

Happy Friday

6 comments:

Geraldo Maia said...

Hello Chrissy ,
It is a great pleasure to visit your nice and interesting blog for the first time.
Best wishes from Brazil:
Geraldo

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Hello chrissy
What a gorgeous poem, I believe in fairies, ive seen them at the bottom of my garden and washing in my pond! hugs Linda x

Macpurp said...

beautiful picture and fantastic poem!

I love fairies.

hope you have a great weekend xxx

Kasia said...

Your blog is fantasting. I like this blog :D
Best wishes from Poland:
Kasia

Emma said...

Chrissy this is so lovely. Belle is just getting into fairies and I have the perfect project for this! Hope you are well babe. Hugs Em.c

nessy said...

what a lovely poem chrissy and the painting is stunning!!
always look forward to visiting you on fridays!!
vanessa xx