Friday, 27 June 2008

Friday's fable - mojo generator

Emma from Elf Creations thinks I have more than my fair share of mojo, LOL. Now this could in fact be true! It is very rare that I have no idea's, my biggest problem is always finding the time. But, as she helped me (although she doesn't know it yet) with an idea for This Thursdays challenge, I got to thinking that perhaps now and then I could help some of you. So the idea of Friday's Fable was born, in fact it is a poem but hey Friday's Fable sounds better!!
I will post a poem or a story on a Friday as potential inspiration for anyone. As it is meant to be a "mojo" generator, there is no need to stick to the subject rigidly, just take any words or ideas that your mind conjures up out of the poem or the image and use them to create whatever you like :)


The unicorn with the long white horn
Is beautiful and wild
He gallops across the forest green
So quickly that he's seldom seen
Where peacocks their blue feather preen
And strawberries grow wild
He flees the hunter and the hounds
Upon black earth his white hoof pounds
Over cold mountain stream he bounds
And comes to a meadow mild
There where he kneels to take his nap
He lays his head in a lady's lap
As gently as a child.

© William Jay Smith 1957
Have a good Friday :)

7 comments:

nessy said...

what a lovely idea chrissy ~not feeling like creating today ~but may get me in the mood to be creative!!~the picture is very relaxing !!! thanks ,
vanessa xx

Emma said...

What a lovely idea! I'd love to have your imagination. The poem is beautiful. I'm trying to do something with the fairy image that you kindly let us download. 'Trying' is the main word here!!

Macpurp said...

i love fairies....can I join in?
beautiful pic xx

soulmerlin said...

from the strong came forth sweetness

henry

fairymadjo said...

oh hun, its lovely , thank you for all your kind words. jo x

Ickle Pickle said...

Lovely iea Chrissy :) Gorgeous picture :)

PaperBabe - Kim said...

great idea, i'm similar to you that I don't get time to play as much and find sometimes there's too much going round in the head!
Beautiful painting of the unicorn!