Tuesday, 22 January 2008

Water, water, everywhere

photograph of high river water in shrewsbury
I took a few pictures before I got into work this morning..........it was actually a frosty crisp one but under clear skies much of the country was battling with an incredible amount of water again! Not too far away at Ironbridge there were concerns about the water coming though the flood barriers. Many residents locally had their houses in the water again. So my thoughts today are with them.
On a slightly lighter note, these pictures were taken in a normally very scenic park in shrewsbury. It looked very odd to see the swans and the ducks in the kiddies playground!
photogrphs of trees surrounded by river water in shrewsbury

3 comments:

JOAN said...

Wow Chrissy, I hope that this bad weather ends soon. Hope you and your family are fine.

Whimsey said...

Holy cow - look at that water! Amazing pix; hope you are all safe & sound!!

Hugs - SBS 10 Sistah!

stampingmommy said...

Holy Crap!! I can't believe all that water! I hpe you and your loved ones are safe! Hope everything gets better soon!
SBS 10 sistah
Heather