Sunday, 20 January 2008

Simplicity

Sometimes, I go through the less is more stage.....and it seemed to go that way for both of these cards. I don't know about anyone else but sometimes, I won't buy simple flower rubber stamps cos (short for because ;-))I think, well I could simply paint them if I tried. There is no doubt I need practice but I had a go and this next daffodil was the result.....It is just white cardstock, the painted image matted onto some contrast green and a white organza ribbon.

The next one was another Penny Black stamp but I moved away temporarily from the cutesy animals and used the Eyelett Lace Heart. I painted it with watercolours and then cut it out. As it is so intricate, I decided not to use backing paper, so just put it directly onto pink card stock raised a little so I could put a ribbon round the card inside the heart. I used two ribbons which is something I saw on someone elses blog somewhere. It is a lovely technique when its done properly but I don't know how! So if anyone has any tips on ribbon techniques, do tell?
The hearts were from the "Love" peeloffs range which I think are Stampendous. I really like them, they are very versatile...
Anyway, somehow, I manged to get two cards that look rather english garden, LOL

Have a great Sunday everyone x

5 comments:

JOAN said...

Hi Chrissy, both cards are great. I liked a lot the simplicity of them, they look very elegant. I guess sometimes less in better.

Amber said...

Beautiful cards, especially love the first one!
Hugs from your new SBS 10 Sister!
Amber

Latisha said...

I love the white one with the yellow flower, its beautiful!

Joyful said...

Simple, yes, but astounding! Hi, fromyour SBS10 sister.

Sara Frawley said...

these are so beautiful! And you're right, sometimes, simplicity is the most gorgeous! Great job!
SBS10 sis, Sara