Thursday, 24 January 2008

Lots to do - so little time.....

I am full of ideas and work is just a pain in the butt. It just gets in the way of quality time, LOL.
Anyway this next one, I am not really very happy with! I love the stamp, it is the Poppy fairy from Joanna Sheen. I coloured the rubber stamp with Whisper pens and then painted in after.....I then matted it onto some Tim Coffey paper.


But, I don't like the result!! I am just not happy with it at all but think the combination has the potential to be nice, if you know what I mean...
So I thought I would back to some basics for a couple of days and just draw and paint a few fairies, trying to improve my painting technique.
I started with the Linda Ravenscroft site, she is simply a brilliant artist (I am waiting to buy her book on drawing and painting fairies...next month) and I used one of her examples to create a fairy. I didn't copy it exactly, I sort of modified the wings and gave her a sadder face...but more to follow on my drawing & painting exploits.
So I now have at least two cards I want to do for Sara's challenge, some fairies to perfect and in the meantime I have loads of new goodies arrived today............I have been sourcing some really unusual unmounted stamps. I just want to play.....mind I don't think I will run out of ideas for ages!

5 comments:

Alyssa Walters said...

look at you go! you're so creative! I can't wait to see what else you have -- and I do think the color combo on the first pic is gorgeous! Very springy!
-Alyssa (SBS10)

Latisha said...

I love Tim Coffey paper...I have some that I have been hoarding for at least 2 years lol

Lisa said...

I love the fairies. So inspired looking at them. My daughter and I just made a fairy house, so there is lots of reading and talk about them here. I think the color combo in the first card is very complementary. I have that sheet of paper. Never want to cut it. Yes, hoarding it for a long time. TFS. Lisa SBS10

Sara Frawley said...

She's beautiful Chrissy! Can't wait to see what you can crank out when your not swamped!
Sara

Rochelle W said...

I love the colors on the first one. Great job.
Rochelle (SBS10)