Tuesday, 15 January 2008

Chillout evening

Hi everyone.....well unusually for the week, a quiet one tonight which gave me some time to make my dads birthday card (its in a couple of weeks). I knew exactly what I was going to make for him, I wanted my chillout hedgie on some deckchair type paper. So Penny black "lazy days" was painted with some pearlised paint and I used some more Basic Grey paper. I bought the pearlised paint today from "the works" for £2.99 and was well impressed, lovely pearly paint....and so cheap!



The other card was one of those that I started with no direction whatsoever, it just sort of grew, LOL. The stamp is another hedgie "Country lady" which was an ebay purchase..then I found a pearly patterned card, which sadly doesn't show up to well in the picture but its swirly pink. Then I used a strip of basic grey, a sticky ribbon from QVC, another pink oval bit for the message and a "colorflower tag". I used a bit of organza ribbon, I love organza, don't really know why....

Oh and I ordered some new stamps yesterday...Tilda and Edwin ones from Magnolia, so am waiting impatiently for them to arrive now hehehe

It is lovely to see people begin to comment on my blog. I have been so chuffed that people are leaving comments, so thank you. It is also rather wonderful to be sent hugs all the way from Florida ( I do hope your weather is better than ours ;-))......I don't think I will ever get to the stage where I am not in awe of the power of the internet - it is amazing stuff how it links us all despite thousands of miles :-)

6 comments:

JOAN said...

Hi sister. I like the cards a lot, and those stamps are lovely!! I'm sure your father is going to like his a lot.

Trudi said...

Hi, thanks for your comment on my blog, I've just joined SBS10 - such a good idea. Your cards are lovely the hedgehog is very cute.

Karen said...

Another SBS 10 Sister stopping by to admire your beautiful work. LOVE the hedgehogs!! Extremely CUTE!!!! Happy Creating!

Latisha said...

Doesn't it feel good to have a card done ahead of time. Sometimes I feel so behind. I almost used that Basic Grey paper last night, its still sitting out :) I watched a show on Oprah once and she had a guest on that described how the internet worked...I learned a lttle more on how it works. The weather here is so weird right now, the last week is was almost 80 degrees and today its freezing rain and 40 degrees. Anyhow, I'm babbling I hope you had a great day!

Latisha said...

Oh I forgot to mention, my husband is a helocopter pilot in the Navy and he enjoys flying those little planes like you have. His isn't gas powered its a pipercub, I think.

Whimsey said...

LOVE the way you colored the flower on the first card - too stinkin' cute!